This is the homepage for Ohlone College Spanish 101A Online courses
Click here for the Orientation Page. Watch the series of HOW-TO VIDEOS regarding the Homepage, Syllabus, Horario & Quia websites, Facebook & WileyPlus
Here your profe has provided links to information about the course itself, homework and reference sites and material that will be covered in class. The links to the left cover the following information:
- www.drlemon.com : The Course Schedule: El Horario* is a semester calendar on www.drlemon.com that posts the readings & homework based on a three day a week MWF class. Each day lists the topics to be reviewed, studied and practiced in order to pace the Independent Study effectively. The topics listed are links to the online lecture material found in the Grammar Notes. From here you also find a link to the Online Homework at http://books.quia.com where you complete online writing Workbook and listening Lab Manual exercises.
*note: Spanish terms in italics will be glossed - hover your cursor over them for a translation.
- The WIleyPlus E-text is the link takes you to WileyPlus where you can find the online version of the Dicho y Hecho text, and where you complete any video exercises or quizzes. It is better to be hard-wired and not using a wireless connection when taking the WileyPlus quizzes. If the wireless drops you, you may not be able to re-connect to the quiz!
- Our FaceBook Group (REQUIRED) is where I will post topics for discussion and where you can talk with each other about the materials, the topics, the grammar, etc. We will be doing video-comments as well, so make sure you have access to a computer with a good built-in camera or purchase an inexpensive camera to attach to your computer. You can also use your smart phone or tablet if it has that capability (there are Facebook apps for this.) Make sure you have a separate microphone. You may want to purchase a headphone/microphone.
- You are required to have ONE (1) video chat session PER MONTH with the online tutor for a semester total of (4) video chat sessions with the online tutor. This means one session during the
- Fall semester in September; October; November; & December
- Spring semester in February; March; April; & May.
- The best use of your time with the tutor is to practice your webcam presentations with her before you record them in the group. But you can also use the time for questions and other practice. You are free to meet with her more than 4 sessions.
- Students are required to connect with Alaina Gold (our online tutor) via Facebook video chat, Skype, or an in-person meeting at least 1 session per month - February, March, April and May. Sessions will last 3-5 minutes (or longer as necessary). Set up your times in advance. She will provide me with a list each month of students who have fulfilled this requirement. Failure to connect with her will seriously impact your final grade.
- The Syllabus & Course Information includes current class sections information, required text & materials, grading, homework and laboratory policies, suggested reference resources, and the in-person final exam.
- Los exámenes is a link to the material which will be covered on each chapter exam. Again, the material listed under each test is linked back to the Grammar Notes page for more detail and practice.
- More sites on the Web is a link to other Spanish resource sites on the web. These include a volcano watch site, business Spanish sites, practice sites and travel sites.
- BlackBoard: Ohlone College prefers that you log into Blackboard FIRST and use the link to the drlemon horario from there. This helps them track your online time.
Students who fail to check in with me (via email or Facebook) or who fail to sign into the online programs by the first day of class will be DROPPED.