Spanish1O1A covers Chapters 1-7 inclusive in the Dicho y Hecho textbook/e-text, Quia and WileyPlus online materials.
ALWAYS check the Horario to find out what readings and practice are assigned during the week.
Chapter Tests will be taken through WileyPlus.
- Written and listening/speaking
exercises are found at Books.quia.com
and there will be a link to this site on the Horario page assignments.
- Most of the exercises provide you with instant feedback as to whether you answered the question correctly or not. Most will also provide you with prompts indicating the text pages where you can review the grammar or vocabulary if you are having trouble with the activity.
- Other exercises provide suggested possible answers from which your answer may vary. Feel free to email me questions about the questions and your answers in these sections. You can also review these with the tutor.
- Practice by working on these exercises on a daily basis.
Repeat them to be sure you understand the grammar concept and spelling.
- DO NOT wait until one hour before the expiration date to do the exercises.
- It is never a good plan to try to read an entire chapter in one session. This will make the grammar seem overwhelming and will not help you learn Spanish at all. Neither will it help prepare you for the final nor produce good online work results.
DO NOT click on "Submit" for any exercise unless you have genuinely attempted the exercise. If you have not finished an exercise or decide you don't want to do it, click on "Previous", "Next", or "Back". Submitting exercises without doing the exercise or typing quick incomplete answers in order to get the answers will result in a zero on all work to date, a zero (F) on the class participation grade, and a report to the appropriate deans with copies of your computer transcript. You may be dropped by your instructor or will receive an F.
- Late and/or incomplete (any skipped sections) homework is not accepted for credit. This is automatically regulated by the computer program.
- I look for how thoroughly you work on any exercises, not how perfectly you answer them. The self-correcting (where provided) shows me -and you- which areas you understand and those areas where you need more practice. Repeating an exercise counts in your favor.
- Make sure your work reflects that you understand the grammar points.
- The online workbook and lab manual homework will always directly correspond to the assigned grammar reading.
- Copying from the Answer Key prompts of the computer exercises or from any sources -ANY copied or plagarized work, work submitted that is not your own, clicking "I have completed this exercise" when you have not done this exercise, and/or any other form of Academic Dishonesty will result in a zero on the copied or plagiarized work as well as any work submitted prior to this work. The student will receive an F for the Class Participation grade. If there is more than one instance or if the first instance is extensive, the student will be dropped from the course and reports filed with the appropriate Deans.